MI6 Confidential #31: GoldenEye
MI6 Confidential, the full-colour 007 fan magazine celebrating the world of James Bond, returns with its 31st issue, this time mostly dedicated to the 1995 Bond film GoldenEye.
GoldenEye understandably holds an important place in the minds of Bond aficionados and was a milestone in many ways. It introduced Pierce Brosnan and Dame Judi Dench, conducted the franchise's first experiments with CGI, and as its director tells MI6 Confidential magazine, honoured all that had gone before by explicitly harking back to the fun and adventure of the '60s 007 outings.
Assembled in this issue you'll find a candid conversation with the film's director, key members of the second and model units, the historical origins of its title, and story behind the publicity machine for Bond 17. In 1995, after an interlude that seemed a lifetime to filmgoers, Bond was back and proving there was definitely no substitute.
In this issue:
- Bond Reloaded - An exclusive interview with director Martin Campbell
- Luck and Fate - The ingredients that launched Bond into the 1990s
- The Legacy of GoldenEye - How Ian Fleming found his Jamaican solace
- Golden Memories - The publicity and premiere for GoldenEye
- Big Bangs - Filming the action for Pierce Brosnan's debut
- The Man With The Golden Eye - Cinematographer Phil Meheux on setting the tone
- Thinking Big, Seeing Small - The model unit and their in-camera effects
- The Bond Connection - Behind the scenes of Guy Ritchie's The Man From U.N.C.L.E
Issue #31 is now shipping around the world. To order this issue or pre-order all 2016 issues, visit www.mi6confidential.com.