MI6 Confidential #14: Living on the Edge
The 14th issue of MI6 Confidential focuses on the 25th anniversary of The Living Daylights, details from the launch of the new Seamaster, a history of Anthony Sinclair and 007 and more.
For fans who grew up after Sean Connery had already handed in his Walther PPK, it may not spring apparent that Timothy Dalton's debut outing in The Living Daylights now signposts the half way point in 007's fifty years on screen. This summer marks the 25th anniversary of that film, which in turn marked the 25th anniversary of Bond on the big screen back in 1987. Time sure flies when you're having fun. As well as a number of features celebrating 007 'living on the edge', this issue includes Bond directors discussing their work on the series, coverage of key events for this 50th anniversary year, and some early soundbites from the Skyfall cast and crew.
Featured in this issue:
- Living On The Edge - Timothy Dalton explains his take on the character of James Bond
- Premiere Bond - Revisit the Royal opening of The Living Daylights, held 25 years ago
- Bond In Motion - The launch of the yearlong vehicle exhibition at Beaulieu
- Skyfall - Early soundbites from the cast and crew on filming so far
- In The Directors Chair - Veteran 007 helmsmen reflect on their time with Bond
- Well Suited - How Anthony Sinclair tailored Sean Connery's look as 007
- Back Story - Early concepts from the 2008 Fleming cover artist's sketchbook
- The Bond Connection - The enduring legacy of Ian Fleming's 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'
Issue #14 is now shipping around the world. To order online, visit www.mi6confidential.com