Christie's 50 Years of James Bond Auction results
The Christie's auction "50 Years of James Bond - The Auction" has ended and some items have fetched remarkable prices. The auction on October 5th realised a total of £752,050 / $1,214,448 / €934,046 and the online action that took place between Friday 28 September and Monday 8 October added £889,300 / $1,422,906 / €1,106,263. The auctions featured several clothes and items used by James Bond, Bond girls and villains, plus an amazing collection of props and clothes from all the Bond films.
All auction proceeds, including catalog sales, will benefit Unicef and other charities.
An interesting lot is a pair of circular cufflinks worn by Bond showing Bond's family coat of arms bearing the motto "Orbit Non Sufficit" (meaning The World Is Not Enough), made by Tom Ford. 30 pairs of these cufflinks were made for the film. These cufflinks were sold for £30,000.
The special lots auctioned on 5 October, with the final price:
- a two-piece dinner suit in navy wool by Tom Ford, worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond in SkyFall (£46,850 / $75,756)
- a two-piece suit of charcoal serge with light blue rope-stripe by Tom Ford, worn by Daniel Craig in SkyFall (£30,000 / $48,510)
- a pair of coloured diamond and diamond pendant earrings and ring by Stephen Webster, worn by Bérénice Marlohe as Severine in SkyFall (£18,750 / $30,319)
- a post-production 1/3 scale replica miniature model manufactured by Propshop at Pinewood Studios of the Aston Martin DB5 used in SkyFall (£61,250 / $99,041)
- an Omega Automatic Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean wristwatch worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond, which the catalogue mentions is a piece specially made in Titanium for action scenes in SkyFall (£157,250 / $254,273)
- La Perla swimming trunks from Casino Royale (£44,450 / $71,876)
- and last but not least: an Aston Martin DBS used in Quantum of Solace (£241,250 / $390,101)
A surprise last minute addition to the auction was the orchestral score from the hotly anticipated Skyfall theme song by Adele. Signed on the cover by the singer herself and co-writer Paul Epworth, the item sold for £13,750 / $22,009.
Another interesting lot is a limited edition cabinet with twelve vintages of Bollinger R.D. Champagne, Cabinet number 7 of 12 produced in order to celebrate the 50th anniversary of this famous cuvée; featuring six vintage and disgorgement date-stamped drawers each holding two vintages of Bollinger R.D. and a leaflet explaining vintage and champagne information. It sold for £12,500.
Items from other Bond films that were auctioned with their final prices:
- Collection of Hotel Fontainebleau props used in Goldfinger (£8,750)
- Rifle and suction props used by Sean Connery in You Only Live Twice (£15,000)
- Tarot cards from Live and Let Die (£30,000)
- Original prop Solex Agitator (£55,000) and Scaramanga's belt with golden bullets from The Man With The Golden Gun (£30,000)
- Prop license plate from the Lotus in The Spy Who Loved Me (£9,375)
- Moonraker model (£55,250)
- Columbo's dove cufflinks from For Your Eyes Only (£13,750)
- Octopussy Circus props (£15,000)
- Snooper dog model from A View To A Kill (£30,000)
- Costumes from The Living Daylights donated by Timothy Dalton and Maryam D'Abo (£15,000)
- Joe Butcher's pendant necklace from Licence to Kill (£4,375)
- Sir Robert King's lapel pin from The World is Not Enough (£6,250)
- Brioni Suit, Turnbull & Asser tie and Church's shoes worn by Pierce Brosnan in The World Is Not Enough (£16,250)
- Die Another Day pre-title sequence outfit of Pierce Brosnan (£10,000)
- Jinx' dress (£10,625) and Rosamund Pike's Armani coat (£9,375)
- poker table from One & Only Club from Casino Royale including cards and chips (£85,250)
- Le Chiffre's Brioni complete dinner suit (£20,000)
- Sophie Harley Algerian Love Knot worn by Eva Green (£55,250)
- Camille's Jasper Conran outift and Prada dress from Quantum of Solace (£7,500)
- A pair of Tom Ford 108 sunglasses worn by Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace (£23,750)
- Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean worn by Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace (£34,850)
Browse the lots and results on Christies.com.
More info on www.christies.com/bond