Bond Lifestyle celebrates 5th anniversary
This month, on October 24th, 2010 to be exact, Bond Lifestyle is five years old!
5 years ago, on October 14th 2005, Daniel Craig was announced to be the 6th James Bond actor. On October 23 that year Craig signed the contract. That same week, the Bond Lifestyle website was launched. How time flies!
In those five years, Bond Lifestyle has become the ultimate resource for sophisticated Bond living: gadgets, travel locations, spy gadgets and accessories...
Thanks to all of you!
Special thanks to David Zaritsky: his articles, podcasts and dedication to collecting Bond items have added much valuable content to the site. Bond Lifestyle also wishes to thank the following people for their support and friendship: Simon Ruzgar, Joseph Darlington (BeingJamesBond), Ajay Chowdhury (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), Anders Frejdh (From Sweden With Love), David Winter (and friends at CommanderBond.net), Martijn Mulder (On The Tracks of 007), Merlijn Kuiper (and the whole James Bond Nederland crew), Wolfgang Thürauf (German Bond Club), Markus (BondToys.de), Simon Corless (ajb007.co.uk), Ed 'SpyBoys' Maggiani, Indy Magnoli, Paul Kyriazi (Living the James Bond Lifestyle), Dell Deaton (jamesbondwatches.com), W. Adam Mandelbaum Esq., Rainer H, Jan Reuter, Nathalie Cloet, Marie-France Vienne (Roger-Moore.com), Luc LeClech (James Bond France) Richard & Leslie Skillman (ThemePartyPeople) and the travelers of the EURO2010 Bond tour, Alan Davidson, Paul 'KE02 EWW', Andy (Bondstars.com) and all the sponsors (especially Penfold, Minox, Sunspel, Sunseeker, Activision).
Thanks to all the readers and fans that have contributed to the site with their support or articles and the participants of the AJB007.co.uk and CommanderBond.net forums for their valuable insights and research over the years.
In the coming weeks, Bond Lifestyle celebrates 5 great Bond years with a special contest, product launch and Bond updates!
Attention all gamers: in November we'll be giving away GoldenEye for the Nintendo Wii, the first-person shooter video game published by Activision, and the other new Bond game by Activision, Blood Stone.
Win a Minox DSC Digital Camera
Solve the puzzle and find the hidden code for your chance to win a Minox digital camera or Martijn Mulder's 'On The Tracks of 007'.
Buy the Bond Lifestyle Limited Edition Poker Cards
To celebrate the 5th anniversary of the website, Bond Lifestyle releases a Limited Edition Poker card deck! The poker cards, manufactured by Cartamundi, the Belgian company that designed and produced the official cards seen in the Casino Royale™ movie, come in a carton box and feature the Bond Lifestyle logo on the back and the same playing side as the cards seen in the 21st Bond film.
Read more about these cards
Bond "October" facts:
- Sir Roger Moore was born on 14 October 1927
- Dr. No premiered on 5 October 1962
- Never Say Never Again premiered on 9 October 1983
- 14 October 2005: Daniel Craig was introduced as the 6th actor to portray James Bond
- 23 October 2005: Daniel Craig signed a five-film contract with EON Productions to portray James Bond
- 11 October 2007 Sir Roger Moore was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his work on television and in film.
- Quantum of Solace premiered at the Odeon Leicester Square on 29 October 2008
Bond "5" facts:
- From Russia, with Love is the 5th Bond novel written by Ian Fleming
- You Only Live Twice is the 5th official (EON) Bond movie
- Pierce Brosnan is the 5th actor to portray James Bond in an official (EON) Bond movie