Sunspel Menswear Ltd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyday Bond Grooming

Hybrid View

Everyday Bond Grooming

I have taken to using this shampoo daily and love it...very clean, traditional smell...and Bond related too! What Bond grooming is a daily ritual for you?

James Bond used Pinaud Elixer Shampoo in the novel On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
    "His two battered suitcases came and he unpacked leisurely and then ordered from Room Service a bottle of the Taittinger Blanc de Blancs that he had made his traditional drink at Royale. When the bottle, in its frosted silver bucket, came, he drank a quarter of it rather fast and then went into the bathroom and had an ice-cold shower and washed his hair with Pinaud Elixir, that prince among shampoos, to get the dust of the roads out of it." - On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Chapter 2

In the Young Bond novel Hurricane Gold, the shampoo is also mentioned, in a reference to the Ian Fleming novel.
    "...he promised himself that he would only ever use that brand from now on in memory of the best shower he had ever had." - Hurricane Gold, Chapter 24

Until recently you could only buy the real E.d. Pinaud Elixir Quinine Shampoo in original packaging (including the carton box!) at The Dutch Shaving Shop, who had a very old stock of this otherwise sold out shampoo. But due to the announcement here on Bond Lifestyle, this item was sold out very quickly.

About Pinaud
    Founded in France in 1810, the PINAUD brand and its CLUBMAN line of fine men's toiletries have formerly been available only in the Highest Quality Barbershops and Men's Clubs in the United States. The Clubman Pinaud line offers a wide variety of men's toiletries and grooming products including: Colognes, after shave lotions, skin and hair tonics, talcs, deodorants, hair-care products and shave creams.

Shave

I'm anxious to see what the Procter & Gamble connection will be in this film. We all saw as reported on M16-HQ.com a few months back that P & G, the company that owns Gillette, was planning on coming out with a signature 007 scent sometime in 2012...

Craig is sporting both a clean shaven and scruffy look so far. We must assume the man shaves, and what better product plug that possibly releasing a 007 branded Gillette Fusion Pro Glide razor! A litte nodtowards the safety razors of past films and with a possible Goldfinger tribute already apparent, why not bring it in? I know I'd buy.

Shower

Also, Mr. Zaritsky, while you're washing your hair with Pinaud Elixir, you should be having a Bond shower, hot, then cold! It is invigorating and it does have some health benefits as well.

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18...-and-vitality/
    http://artofmanliness.com/2008/11/13...om-james-bond/

I have been using the Floris 89 line of products for quite some time now. While still very impressed with it, I feel as if it doesn't pair with the feel of winter. It may be the light color packaging or the scent itself. Has any one tried anything from the Tom Ford line?

Dave, where do you get your shampoo.

I have the Floris 89, and no woman in my life likes it so it stays on the shelf. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille is by far the best. Rumor has it that Daniel Craig uses it, and I know David Z and many other Bond fans do as well.

I would have to agree on being wary of Floris 89. It has been forbidden for me to wear in my house.
    I would consider the fragrance to be heavy handed and questionable at best, but to each their own.

I do like and recommend the clean scent of Pinaud aftershave.

Snap I bought my Floris 89 from 89 Jermyn Street and I have the same problem no woman I know like the smell it went back in its box and is in the cupboard, it has a very old scent to it, so i'm told.
    I now use Dior which has just the same air of luxury to it but smelling a bit more moden.

For a tradtional feel when shaving I use a Edwin Jagger Chatsworth razzor which can be fitted with a Mach 3 or Mach 3 Turbo Blade coupled with a Edwin Jagger best Badger shaving brush and Geo F Trumper Extract of Limes shaving Cream all of these items can be purchase from the English shaving Company by mail ordr worth a look for a moden take on what Fleming might have Bond using if he was writing today
    Last edited by badboyaz007; January 21st, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emery_cormier View Post
    Also, Mr. Zaritsky, while you're washing your hair with Pinaud Elixir, you should be having a Bond shower, hot, then cold! It is invigorating and it does have some health benefits as well.

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18...-and-vitality/
    http://artofmanliness.com/2008/11/13...om-james-bond/
    Have definitely tried that from time to time...I am going to be doing some grooming podcasts coming up soon...with a twist! SkyFall looks to show some sort of recuperating or "clean-up" scene so perhaps we will hearken back to that aspect. As far as where I acquired the shampoo, it was from this very site....look under accessories. Not sure if its sold out tho'....

P & G Prestige brands, which have the rights to the following: Hugo Boss, Dunhill, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, and many others. I would expect to see one of those used.