Sunspel Menswear Ltd
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bond Drinks

Although not something Bond has ordered, my personal favorite right now. I have to say that I really feel like James Bond when I'm drinking any drink with Gordon's in it.

Ingredients:

50ml (1.5oz) Gordon's Gin
    100ml Schweppes tonic water
    50ml strong, cooled Earl Grey tea
    Twist of fresh orange peel

How to make:

Add all the ingredients to a 10oz highball glass with ice and garnish with a lovely twist of fresh orange peel. Be careful not to over-brew the tea, as a stewed flavour can impair the drink.

Serve in a highball glass.

http://www.gordons-gin.co.uk/cocktai...E2%80%99s-gtea

If you'd like a stronger drink try this:

Pour 100ml of gin in a small glass with 1 early grey (I use Twinings) tea bag, and set aside to steep for 2 hours. Then add your tonic water and orange peal over ice.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Trigger View Post
    Although not something Bond has ordered, my personal favorite right now. I have to say that I really feel like James Bond when I'm drinking any drink with Gordon's in it.

Ingredients:

50ml (1.5oz) Gordon's Gin
    100ml Schweppes tonic water
    50ml strong, cooled Earl Grey tea
    Twist of fresh orange peel

How to make:

Add all the ingredients to a 10oz highball glass with ice and garnish with a lovely twist of fresh orange peel. Be careful not to over-brew the tea, as a stewed flavour can impair the drink.

Serve in a highball glass.

http://www.gordons-gin.co.uk/cocktai...E2%80%99s-gtea

If you'd like a stronger drink try this:

Pour 100ml of gin in a small glass with 1 early grey (I use Twinings) tea bag, and set aside to steep for 2 hours. Then add your tonic water and orange peal over ice.
    I have to admit, that sounds delicious, especially since I love Earl Grey tea. This sounds like the perfect drink for hot summer nights here in the tropics.

I love the Vesper (although not a fan of gin). I have to admit that I am slowly gravitating towards a dirty martini as of late. I also loved the mixology videos by HoS, if you could "dog-ear" a pod-cast it would have to be his as well as the JamesBondLifedtyle trips to the Bahamas.
    Regards,
    Marcos

I would have to say the Stoli Martini is a personal favorite for me. Aside from the connection to 007, Stolichnaya is just good vodka. If there is one thing the Russians got right, it's vodka.

The VESPER is up there for me, followed by the Mint Julip, for the summer.

The Carte Blanche is not bad either, if you're a fan of a good rye cocktail. I dumb it down and usually go with 1 1/2 of Canadian Club and a 1/2 of Triple Sec, skip the bitters (I'ave also added cola to make a fesh version of the classic jack and coke) .

The Vesper is my stable cocktail (with real Lillet Blanc) when i have an evening to relax, but my go-to is usually a jack/whisky cola, cuba libre (rum and coke). I've experimented with an Appletini type recipe, dubbing it the GoldenEye, using cloudy apple juice, aged dark cuban rum and goldschlagger (cinnamon schnapps). But i bought myself some JD Tenessee Honey over the holidays and thinking of what could be done with that for a Bond inspired cocktail. Its nice with apple juice and ice, not so much with cola.

Vesper
    Mount Gay and Cola
    Dare I say it.......?
    Carte Blanche

Vesper
    Mojito
    Mount Gay and Cola
    and the odd bottle of champagne

What do you guys use instead of the Kina Lillet when you make a Vesper? Lillet Blanc or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    What do you guys use instead of the Kina Lillet when you make a Vesper? Lillet Blanc or something else?
    Yes, I usually use Lillet Blanc, Stoli vadka, and Gordon's gin. Tried it with Tanqueray and didn't like it as much. Bombay Sapphire also worked well.

Prost!
    "I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill