Sunspel Menswear Ltd
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heineken in SkyFall?

they always do heavy product placement in the bond movies. as long as it is done ok i'm fine with it!
    Last edited by Remmert007; May 2nd, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: removed spam link

I never had a problem with the beer, until I saw fans pointing it out. Then I kind of agreed with them, as we need our 'Bondisms', once the original ones drop away, the ones mentioned in the original books, can knew ones replace them? I wonder.///

Live on a sail boat, currently NE Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Samourai View Post
    Now, one could take issue, I suppose, with Bond ordering a Heineken specifically. But as others have observed, no one tends to just order "a beer," and Heineken is an acceptable if boring choice. But really, isn't it late in the game to complain about product placement?

As a side note, I live in Hawaii, where Heineken is very popular. Hawaii is the number one market per capita for Heineken in the U.S., as well as the number one consumer of Heineken Light.
    This was my issue, Bond is a connoisseur when it comes to most things, and Heine just doesn't quite cut it, especially if one considers all the outstanding beers available in Europe. Well, in all fairness, it has been some time since I've tried one so I will try Heineken once more just to be fair, but I'm not holding my breath.

Samourai, you live in Hawaii and don't drink Primo? That's like living in Jamaica and not drinking Red Stripe...
    Last edited by pyrat; August 4th, 2012 at 06:35 PM.

I'd like to see a Bond down on his luck cracking open a PBR lol

I agree pyrat, Heineken is a mediocre lager when it comes to beer in europe. In my opinion Bond would probably drink stella artois if he had to drink a lager but I see him more drinking the regional speciality or a draught.
    Bond: Well, since "double-0's" have a short life expectancy, your mistake will be short-lived

I could for sure see Bond drinking a Stella

Live on a sail boat, currently NE Florida
    Dorian, you made me laugh...

Marc, exactly, Bond was usually, if not always, tuned into the local specialties when it came to his drinks. But then Heineken has been an investor in the films for many years, so I guess I can live with it, as long as they keep them coming.

Reflections in a double bourbon...

Yeah, if heineken could be an investor for the next 30 years that would be great
    Bond: Well, since "double-0's" have a short life expectancy, your mistake will be short-lived

I noticed heineken has A LOT of cool Bond promotional stuff out there. eBay has quite a bit.