Sunspel Menswear Ltd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther P99

Walther P99

I've been looking to pick one up and found that CDNN sports has the P99QA full size and compact on sale for 439.00. Its the best price I've seen for a new one and I'm thinking about getting one. Just thought I'd share.

Im just a little shocked that guns can be had for so little money...! My shoes were more than that...!

The QA sucks.

Don't buy it. The trigger is a horrible 8+ pounds. The best P99 is a 2nd or 3rd gen DA/SA.
    (I've owned both the QA and the DA/SA)

However if you don't mind spending a little more the PPQ is an awesome gun. A lot better than the old gen P99s.

I ended up buying a blue ppk instead. Your right about the ppq and its actually cheaper than the p99 in most places.

ppk is a classic. Cannot go wrong with such a great looking weapon. Enjoy it.

I have a couple of PPK's myself.

New guy here. Was wondering if any of you gentlemen have tried the PPS? Looking for a nice compact in a 40. Always wanted a Walther but when comparing them I have to say the PPS is not quite as nice a looking gun as say the S&W compact. I know that looks are not the point and I do love the Bond connection but I also think the Smith hold more rounds. Any Thoughts would be appreciated.

The PPS performs great but I would recommend the 9mm. I carried the .40 cal Glock as a duty weapon for years and it is a snappy caliber, fortunately we've upgraded to .45 acp. The 9mm is cheaper, easier to shoot, and a better performer in a smaller handgun. Just my 2 cents.

Walther pps

The PPS performs great but I would recommend the 9mm.
    I wholeheartedly agree 100%.

The 9mm recoil is controllable and fast follow up shots are easy. The 40SW in a compact gun tends to recoil quite harshly and beats up the frame and the recoil spring.

I carry the 9mm daily in the summer and it is quite easy to conceal.

The trigger on a PPS is also quite excellent. Great reset. The only thing I would change are the mediocre sights.

I would defiently get a P99 or PPQ in 9mm. I have experience with Dux's PPQ in 9mm and I bought a P99 from him in 40 and wow that is one recoiling gun. For 40SW if you want to stay with that Glock Gen4 is mild in 40, and HK USPc and P2000 in 40 are nice as well and recoil about the same to me as the gen4 Glocks. My Sig P229s in 40 has a little more recoil than the P2000 and Gen4 Glock 23 I own. The Gen3 Glock 23 is a little more than each of these but still manageable compared to the P99 in 40. I have not shot a PPQ in 40 so I cannot comment on it.

I carry a Sig or HK when I am not with the Fiance and the Glock 23 when I am with her since she carries a Glock off duty. My issued guns at my agency was a Sig P229 now we are transitioning to the Glock 22 gen4.

I think if Mr. Bond did not have a Walther gun it might be a Sig P228 since the SAS and SBS has Sigs or maybe something a little lighter like a Glock 19/HK P2000. I have a PPS and a Smith and Wesson 3913 that is based off of the ASP design and they would both fit the bill for an agent that should not be getting into gunfights. In Intel work when you have to bring out the gun you have messed up. All these gun can take a suppressor.

Wow a long first post but it should help a little.

Duxman, Turnkey....Thanks for getting something back so quick. Glad to hear some positive feedback on the PPS. The 9mm advice makes sense, i'm just a fan of the stopping power of the 40 especially when I only have 5 shots. But being that it will primarily be a range gun I will take the 9mm in consideration.
    Wilson,

I was originally a really big 40SW fan myself. But after more than a decade of shooting 40SW and going to several shooting classes. And in conversations with people who use handguns / rifles in real world scenarios:
    The conclusion that I have come to is that bullet placement is the single most important factor in putting a BG / Specter agent down. Put the bullet in the right place and it does not matter whether its a 9mm, 40SW, 45 acp or 50AE.

FFHounddog - welcome to the forum. Glad to see a familiar face.