Sunspel Menswear Ltd

Thread: The James Bond Cuff

The James Bond Cuff

Hi Guys. From Russia with love was ITV4 today and i was reminded of the James bond cuff with the turn back style. What to people think of this and does anyone know where i can get them from.

Nice to have and pretty uniquely 60s Bond (and I know Rog wore them in LALD and TMWTGG but he doesn't count!) Nice idea for when double cuffs are needed but you don't want to weasr cufflinks.

Where to get them? All I can suggest is get the real thing.

Turnbull and Asser will still do them as a special order. A "Stock Special" I think they call the order. Just ask for the Bond cuffs.

Got four back in 1998. Price £100ish then

Brilliant thank you very much

Also any place that will make a custom shirt. If you look around its cheaper than you think. There is actually a pattern you can take to assist them in making it right on the suits of James Bond website.

Clay

Quote Originally Posted by GHA View Post
    Hi Guys. From Russia with love was ITV4 today and i was reminded of the James bond cuff with the turn back style. What to people think of this and does anyone know where i can get them from.
    Hey mate check out this website (link below) it allows you to design and have your own custom made shirts including monogram, for a fairly reasonable price. The fold back cuffs are called 'cocktail cuffs' and you can still buy them from higher end place that specialize in formal wear/formal shirts.

http://www.shirtsmyway.com/

Hit up, shirts my way.

They allow you to create any style of shirt you like, so I use them in order to dress more like bond.

www.shirtsmyway.com

Some English shirtmakers do this cuff its called the "turnback cuff". The italians do a similar looking one called the "neopolitan cuff" But you can probably just take it to a custom shirt maker and they can do it for you.

Hi Guys,

Marks and Spencers in the UK have a "Made to Measure" service - where you basically build the shirt you want - with all of the features you want to add. I get a lot of shirts from this service for work and can say the quality is very good - especially for the price. One of the options for the shirts is the "Cocktail cuff" or "Turnback cuff" as you have mentioned above:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Shirt...d_s=left-nav-2

The only recommendation I would give is this: Only order one at the beginning to make sure you get the correct sizing - I had to go up a whole neck size. Make sure all the measurements you put in are accurate. Once you get the fit you can order these as many times as you want.

I've used these guys (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-CUSTOM-T...ht_6370wt_1156) to make 6 shirts. They're excellent quality & at £65 for 3, they're good value too.